Let me just start off by saying I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL.
A ton of my inspiration and ideas for health and fitness have come from other bloggers and YouTubers on the internet. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to share some of my own health and fitness tips as I am in the best shape I have ever been in right now!
First, a bit about me and my personal goals:
I lift with little to no cardio whatsoever. I have a naturally fast metabolism and a thin, petite figure. Putting on any weight or muscle mass is very challenging for me. I do believe that it is because of these 5 reasons that I have started seeing real changes in not just the way I look, but the way I feel too.
My goals include all over toning of the body and to build my booty (I also aim to live an overall healthy lifestyle, even when I am not working towards a specific goal)!
1. Tammy Hembrow 8-Week Booty Building Guide
I thought it would be appropriate to discuss this program now since I just finished all 8-weeks. I plan on starting it over from the beginning immediately because I’m able to see results and I can feel myself getting stronger.
These workouts are not easy! While you can adjust the weight you use for each exercise to match your strength, each of the three days is loaded with challenging workouts that leave you sweating and sore.
The diagrams provided with each exercise are very helpful. My favorite part about this program is it’s only 3 days per week so even when I’m super busy and short on time, I still feel accomplished as long as I make it in for those 3 days. On my off days I try to workout other parts of my body like my arms and back. However, I have noticed that the exercises in the booty program are toning not just my bottom half, but my entire body.
While my figure hasn’t changed drastically, I can definitely see a difference in my butt as well as my overall strength and tone. Getting in shape and reaching your goals is no easy task! It takes dedication and time. I hope to keep getting stronger and fitter the more I work at it!
I am currently drinking the cookies & cream meal replacement shake right after my workouts. While this shake can be used for weight loss, I basically use it as a bonus protein meal for the day! I chose this shake because it contains weight isolate which means its free of lactose (my stomach is sensitive to dairy). It tastes great and every time you buy one you get a free shaker bottle with it!
3. Healthy Snacking Throughout The Day!
I truly believe in eating many small meals throughout the day as apposed to the typical 3 big meals. I eat my largest meal in the morning and a big lunch with lots of healthy snacks in between. I eat a small dinner most of the time, if any at all.
Some of my favorite things to snack on throughout the day are:
- Hard boiled eggs – I use organic cage free eggs, I find that they are bigger and peel better than lower grade eggs
- Smoothies – Almond milk, banana, blueberries, kale, flax seeds and peanut butter is my personal favorite mix
- Yogurt & granola – I use lactose free yogurt but greek yogurt and dairy yogurts actually have more protein, I just can’t have them! Try any flavored yogurt paired with french vanilla granola! It’s to die for.
- Banana & almond butter
- Steamed Kale – I cook mine in olive oil and season it with salt. I like to add in cherry tomatoes for a pop of flavor!
4. Take a Walk After Dinner – Don’t just walk after dinner actually! Walk as much as you can, wherever you can! Walking makes me feel good and while it isn’t an intense workout, it’s a great way to stay active throughout your day! If you have pups, use them as a motivator to take a walk after dinner or in the morning after you have breakfast. Walking after you eat supports healthy digestion and reduces bloat. Your stomach will thank you and so will your dogs!
5. Water! Water! Water! – Water keeps me feeling energized and healthy! I recommend buying a water bottle and keeping track of your daily water intake with it. My water bottle is 30oz so I make sure to drink at least 3 in a day, usually more (about my weight in ounces). Especially when you workout regularly, it is so important to hydrate! If you’re someone who loves to sip on juice or soda, try adding lemon and mint to your water to give it some flavor.