This is one of my all time favorite healthy soups to make! It tastes like comfort food but is a totally clean dish. You only need one pot to make it and it takes about 30 minutes to make with very little prep time! The recipe feeds 6-7 people and is super yummy to save for leftovers!
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 151 oz can black beans (drained)
- 151 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 64 oz chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 fajita seasoning packet
- Salt & pepper to taste
Start by chopping peppers, onion and garlic. Heat olive oil and sauté ingredients on medium-high with fajita seasoning packet until tender.
Add black beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, whole chicken breast and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes remove chicken and shred with 2 forks or shredders like the ones I have. Season with salt and pepper and add back to soup. Let simmer till everything is heated and mixed together.
Don’t forget to taste your soup and make sure that you don’t need to add any more salt and pepper. It’s all preference based! 🙂
Quesadillas are a great side with this meal! Here’s how to make them:
- Spread butter on one side of a tortilla. Season with salt, pepper & garlic powder (optional). Heat tortilla butter side up on medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add however much cheese you want to one half of the tortilla and let the cheese melt.
- Fold the tortilla in half and push down with your spatula so it sticks to the cheese.
- Let each side of the quesadilla cook to a golden brown color. When it’s done, cut into slices to easily dip in your soup!